Thursday, May 16, 2013

Real Fusion Grain Cooking at it's Best

         I love salads and I love adding grains to salads,  just a small amount can make a salad really great.  I love mixing textures, tastes, and ingredients.  It is fun and the taste experience is great.  Food is the ultimate adventure.  It never ends and never gets boring.  The types of different foods is limitless.  That is why I love food.  I learn something new everyday and I have been cooking for years.  It never gets boring.  Just when I think I am in control, BAM, I find something new.  I love it.  In this blog I have decided to add recipes.  Three different ones to tempt and excite you.
 Enjoy.  Chef Brad~America's Grain Guy
Red Quinoa Pear Salad


Red Quinoa Pear Salad

3 pears, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
2 cups strawberry slices, fresh
2 cups fresh pineapple, chunked
1 cup golden raisins
2 cups cooked chilled red quinoa
Leaf lettuce 

Place all ingredients in a bowl and toss with dressing

Dressing

1/2 cup Xagave
1/2 cup Cold Pressed Oil
1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
Rigatoni Potato Olive Grain Salad

Rigatoni Potato Olive Grain Salad

2 lb. stuffed rigatoni noodles or raviolis, cooked and chilled
1 lb. roasted small fingerling potatoes, chilled,  or roasted red potatoes, chilled
1 cup olive tapenade 
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and Pepper

Toss all in a large bowl and enjoy.  Simple yet amazing.



Black Barley Pot Sticker Salad
Black Barley Pot Sticker Salad

3 cups cooked black barley, or pearled barley if you cannot find black
1 cup roasted peanuts
Pot Stickers,  cooked and chilled
Red Cabbage, 2 cups shredded, saving some whole leaves for garnish.

Place all in a large bowl and toss with dressing

1/4 cup Xagave
1/3 cup pure peanut oil, not the cheap kind that does not smell for taste like peanuts
1/3 cup rice vinegar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste


For more salad recipes you can go to www.chefbrad.com


No comments:

Post a Comment