Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hamburger Hotdog Buns. You can do it...






      I have a huge problem with hamburger buns.  The problem I have is the poor qualtiy of the flour used to make them.  It is filled with toxic chemicals.  Think about that for a moment.  They never go bad.  They can sit on the shelf for ages and not go bad.  Toxic chemicals all right.  I have a reaction moments after I eat them.  I get stuffed up and start iching.  I love hamburgers, but have quit eating them when I am out or traveling.  Hot dog buns are in the same class of low quality.  Toxic.   I have from a good source they are filled with bromains.  Bromains are chemicals that they add to flour.   Most white flour is filled with chemicals.  Bromains attach the thyroid gland and emune system.

     So,  I have decided to make them myself.  Chemical free and oh so tasty.  And they are so easy to make.  It just takes a few minutes in the Bosch Mixer and a few more minutes for raising and then you have the most wonderful hot dog or hamburger buns you have ever eaten.  Maybe this is what they should taste like after all.  Moist and fluffy, but not just filled with air.  These actually have texture and flavor.  

   

      I grind my flour fresh in the Nutri Mill Harvest.  Fresh ground flour is the best.  I do use a small amount of Natural White flour from Wheat Montana to give it a small boast.  

 

          After mixing the dough I divide it into pieces and roll them into balls and flatten them out.  Brush them with egg and top with sesame seeds.  Let rise until double.




        Hot dog buns are just as easy,  I make balls and roll them out into the size I want them.

Fresh baked bueaties.  



Great for anything from sausages to burgers.


   I love to take the time to do things like this.  I don't do it enough.  But when I do I love the results,  those include the happy faces of my family or those who I am teaching.  It is always worth the time and effort when we take the time to enjoy the simple things of life,  like fresh baked buns.  I hope you take the time to do simple yet satisfying things.  Chef Brad~America's Grain Guy

Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns
After making your own buns, it is hard to buy them at the store. 

Ingredients:
4 cups warm milk
½ cup oil
4 tablespoons brown sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons salt
6 cups whole wheat flour, fresh ground
4 tablespoons Saf instant yeast
White flour or bread flour, various amounts

Add ingredients in the order given to your mixer. Turn on mixer and add white flour until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Mix for 6 minutes. 
Remove and divide into 24 pieces. Roll into balls using your cupped hand. Flatten into burger size circles, place on parchment paper, 6 to a pan, leaving plenty of room for them to grow. 
Brush with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Let rise to double and then bake in a 400 degree oven for 5 minutes and then drop temperature to 325 degrees and cook for another 6 to 10 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try hamburger/hot dog buns!
    Can't wait to try these.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you get them to stay that shape and rise up? When every I've tried making buns, they always spread outwards instead of upwards when rising.

    ReplyDelete