Friday, September 13, 2013

Glazed Peach Pancakes.

Pan Fried Peaches




     Pancakes are usually the way I start my day.   I love them, but as you all know I hate the white flour garbage ones that everyone seems to adore.  Why,  I cannot understand,  they lack flavor and texture and nutrition.  I love whole grain pancakes that are filled with flavor and nutrition.  I have to say, that if a pancake taste to healthy it should not be eaten.  Pancakes don't have to taste healthy to be healthy.

     My favorite are pancakes made with WonderFlour.  If you have not used WonderFlour in your pancakes, you have really missed out.

     What is WonderFlour?  It is equal parts spelt, brown rice, and pearled barley.  I make it at least once a week.  I place the whole grains in a large bowl and mix them and then I grind them in my grain mill on the finest setting.  When I do that I have a large bucket with a lid on it for use all week long in my pantry.    It makes pancake making really easy in the early morning, or actually any time of the day or night.

    I am always inventing new recipes and ways to make pancake eating a wonderful experience.  This time I had just bought a large box of peaches.  This breakfast was amazing.  My family loved it.  Actually they are spoiled a bit.   And this breakfast taste as good as it looks.

   



Glazed Peaches with WonderFlour Pancakes






     To do the peaches,   I just slice them with the skin on and I remove the seed.   I dredge them in WonderFlour and pan fry them in coconut oil.


     Turn them and cook them until they are golden brown. Remove and place them on top of fresh baked pancakes.


Pan Fried Peaches on top of WonderFlour Pancakes.

     Wonderflour Pancakes with Fried Peaches
4 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup Xagave
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
3  cups milk, almond milk, or buttermilk.  Buttermilk is my personal favorite.
2 to 3 cups WonderFlour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder

Whisk eggs and add oil, Xagave, vanilla, salt, and milk.  Whisk well.  Add flour and whisk until desired consistency.  Add soda and baking powder, whisk well again and gently ladle unto a hot sprayed griddle.  Top with pan fried peaches and syrup.   

     Pancakes are a great way to start the day.  And pancakes can be a spiritual experience.  These are a spiritual experience.  Out of this world wonderful.  Enjoy  Chef Brad~America's Grain Guy

1 comment:

  1. These look wonderful!
    I am going to try the Wonder Flour! Thanks

    ReplyDelete