Monday, September 23, 2013

Whole Grain Oat Buttermilk Bread

My newly rebuilt Bosch Comfort plus.  I have had this machine for years and years.  It has been a work horse and with the overhaul I am sure it will be a work horse for years to come.   With the stainless steel bowl I can get 8 to 9 ~ 2 lb. loaves of fresh baked bread.

Old fashioned oats soaking in hot water.

      I love making bread and while I was making Ketchup the other day I had some spare time on my hands so I decided to make bread.  When I bake bread I feel that if I am going to do it I need to make the best out of it.  So I like to bake a lot of loaves at a time.  That is what I love about my Bosch and the Stainless Steel bowl.  I love how I can get so many loaves out of it and that means there is more to give away.
Dough Conditioner 

I love Wheat Montana Flours,  available now at almost all stores.

The dough,  It is lovely.  Nothing like fresh mixed dough.  

I like to let the dough raise for a few
minutes before forming the loaves.

This is the batch from the Stainless bowl.  Four 2 lb. loaves and
eight small giveaway loaves.  They each weigh 11 oz.  

The finished product, fresh baked oat buttermilk bread.



   Whole Grain Oat Buttermilk Bread   Large Batch  If using regular Bosch bowl, cut the recipe in half

9 cups hot water
3 cups oats, old fashioned rolled
1 cup Xagave
1 cup canola oil
3/4 cup buttermilk powder
1/4 cup dough conditioner
1 tablespoon salt
1/3 cup instant yeast
16 cups fresh ground whole wheat flour
Natural white flour or artisan white flour

In bowl add the hot water and oats.  Let them soak for 5 to 8 minutes.  Add Xagave, oil, buttermilk powder, dough conditioner, and salt.  Place half the flour on top and place the yeast on top of the flour,  turn on mixer and add more flour until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.  Knead for 6 minutes and remove from bowl and let set for 10 minutes.  Divide into loaves and form them.  Place into sprayed pans and let rise to double.  Bake in a 400 degree preheated oven at 335 degrees until bread is done.  About 30 minutes.  


Bread Making can be fun and exciting.  If you are not enjoying the experience you are doing something wrong.  Or you are not using a Bosch Mixer.  I have found that anyone can make bread with the proper equipment and the proper ingredients.  Greatest success to you in your bread making adventures.  Chef Brad~America's Grain Guy


No comments:

Post a Comment