Friday, January 4, 2013

Gluten Free WOW




Gluten Free Muffin
Gluten Free seems to be a huge issue today.  So many are restricted in what they eat.  The thing that I don't understand is how they go gluten free and most of the gluten free is all white and filled with sugar and so many things that are not needed for great gluten free baked goods. I have found a few tricks that I have used and have had great success.  I try to eat gluten free. At first I was totally blown away with what I could not eat.  It turned out to be a great blessing. In the process I have been able to create great foods that are healthy, no white, and filled with nutrition and fiber.  This post it the first of many I will post this year as I get more focused on whole grain gluten free.  I will also be adding recipes to my web site.  Gluten free is and can be amazing.  

There are a few things you need to do gluten free.  The main thing you will need is a great mill for grinding the grain.  Below you will see my recommendations and the recipe for Gluten Free WonderFlour.  


Master Muffin Recipe
Muffins should be light and tender.  The less you work the batter the better the muffin.  Muffins are a great way to start the day providing you add high fiber ingredients.

To Start:  Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Next: in Bosch bowl cream together until light and fluffy.
2 cubes butter
       2 cups sugar or 1 1/2 cups Xagave
After light and fluffy, add one at a time
4 eggs
In separate bowl shift together following ingredients:
7 cups  Chef Brad's Gluten Free WonderFlour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
Add mixed dry ingredients alternating with 3 cups of buttermilk.  It is important to mix lightly. 

Spoon into greased muffin tin and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.  
Yields 2 dozen
Options:

Steamed grains
Nuts
Flax meal
        Fruits
Grated veggies




NutriMill by Bosch




This is the NutriMill by Bosch.  It is amazing and allows you the comfort of grinding grains fresh in your own home.  I love the NutriMill.  It is easy to clean and does an amazing job.  It over the years has become the best mill on the market today.  You can find the NutriMill on sale at my web site.  www.chefbrad.com  











NutriMill Flour Bagger






This is an attachment to the NutriMill.  It is amazing. You place the mill on top and it grinds into a bag that is placed in the bucket below.  I love this.  I mix the grains for the Gluten Free WonderFlour and place the grains in the mill on fine grind and in minutes I have a zip locked large bag filled with the most amazing flour ever. I can place the bag in the frig or freezer for later use.  I love that feature.  That is just one of the features that makes the NutriMill so amazing.  










Fresh ground flour in the bag





Here is the flour that has been ground right into the bag.  Amazing.  I grind all different blends of flours while I am grinding and have several bags of different flours in my pantry.  That is huge when cooking to have the flours on hand ready to go.  And the big thing is most gluten free flours cost so much and they are hard to find.   The whole grains are easy to find and easy to grind.  











Just look at those Gluten Free Muffins  

To make this gluten free WonderFlour simply take 2 cups sorghum, 2 cups brown rice, and two cups whole amaranth grain.  Mix them well in large bowl and grind them in NutriMill on the low fine setting.  This flour is great for most baked goods except yeasted breads.  

Gluten Free WOW,  it can be done and it can be healthy.

3 comments:

  1. Chef Brad, thank you so much for this post! I started watching your show about the same time as going gluten free and have used your multigrain approach to many of your recipes in making things I can eat that are good for me. In the 14 months I've been gluten free, I haven't tried muffins because I couldn't really find a great recipe. Needless to say, this will definitely be made at my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chef Brad! My baby is gluten free and milk free, he just turned two and thinks he needs to eat something other than gluten-free oatmeal these days. I was excited to see this recipe! (I just have to figure out how to make it edible with milk and butter substitutions...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would like you to understand that buying wow gold from a seller online is very delicate before continuing: because it is not only costly but also stupidly your account may be banned indefinitely if they catch you for world of warcraft gold for sale . An average player of World of Warcraft thought of that too, so he decided to follow and study the rich wow po players every day until he learned how they did their gold and the secrets that it had updated the absolutely stunning. Small squares and commonplace around the map are actually hot spots of wow powerleveling waiting for stroke, which is the map that you usually walk right past.

    ReplyDelete